Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby Bracelets by the Month


Let me tell you about something I've been doing for a number of years. Each time one of our young Mothers at our church has a new baby girl, I create a birthstone bracelet for the baby. It comes with a little poem I wrote telling about the bracelet and it's special meaning. The baby is told it was especially made for her with love and prayers and assured it is meant to be worn as often as she wants. As she grows, it's Mom's job to return the bracelet to me and I will re-string it, for a nominal fee, adding new stones and silver each time. This may continue until the young lady is an adult. On her special occasions in life, confirmations, bat-mitzfas, graduations, if she chooses to marry, she will have a very special heirloom, from her birth month, to wear on her special days.


January: Garnet
February: Amethyst
March: Aquamarine
April: Diamond (Crystal)
May: Emerald
June: Pearl
July: Ruby
August: Peridot
September: Sapphire
October: Opal or Pink Tourmaline
November: Topaz
December: Turquoise

I will show example of a bracelet for each month here. Each bracelet IS an individually created one, so realize they will not be just like these. Each will have the appropriate stones for the birth month and a variety of silver and other stones.

Let me know the month of birth of the little lady, her name and I'll create a one of a kind bracelet just for her. I have altered the poem so it reads that it has come from "you." ...You can tell me Grandma, Great Aunt Sylvia... whatever you want to be put in the composition.

When you receive the bracelet, the poem will be unsigned. Just sign and date it, roll it as a scroll, tie with a pretty ribbon and voila' a perfect baby gift or shower gift.

Baby Bracelet of the month: $25.00